Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Justifying Going Back to Blogging



I took a break from blogging about a year before Luigi and I met. I just felt tired of airing out my thoughts and opinions. And worse, my ex was using my blog posts against me. So I resolved that I would just settle for the microblogging that twitter and facebook offers. Everything was going well until I realized that I miss the anonymity of being a blogger. Yeah, I could create fake twitter and facebook accounts, but there's utterly no point in doing that. That's when I realized that I wanted to try out blogging again.

I've been blog-hopping in the past twenty-four hours. I found a handful of familiar people and a lot of changes. Here are some realizations I gathered:

a. Blogging has become more interactive. The following option makes it easy to keep track of new blog entries. I thought that this is pretty cool. Last time I blogged, I had to manually make links to all of the blogs I was following.

b. A lot of the subscribers to active blogs are either inactive or missing. This made me wonder whether those bloggers got tired of blogging, the way it happened to me.

c. Nothing much has changed. People still write about the same stuff. There are those who:
write about their opinions and experiences,
write poems,
write fiction,
write about their sexual encounters,
post song lyrics,
post a lot of photos,
post movies or animated gifs,
write about nothing special,
don't write anything at all.

To date, this blog is probably my sixth blog. Or seventh. Or eighth.

But I realized that every blog I have created and also those I browsed through in the past 24 hours--they all have a certain, justifiable identity or reason for existence.

I wonder if that's the same way how journalists in the past centuries felt after reviewing their old diaries and travelogues and journals. I wonder if they even named their journals or if they let other people read their private thoughts.

I realize the main reason why I felt like blogging again yesterday was because I really just wanted an outlet, a personalized niche where:
the space or number of characters is not limited,
I can just stop being paranoid about every single word I type,
I get unbiased comments or violent reactions about my shit,
and most importantly,
I feel fucking free.

And to say the word fuck whenever I want to.



Image Source:
http://bornstoryteller.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/blogging.jpg

10 comments:

  1. This made me wonder, have I met Super Mario P? Perhaps a previous incarnation?

    And to be fair, (I can't speak for everyone of course but) nakaka-excite din naman for us ang iyong pagbababalik. COngratulations on feeling fucking free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder too if I have met Super Mario in my past blogging life. Hehe.

    Seriously, what we wrote in the past, speak to us in the present.

    Some even find ties with our future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Citybuoy: Fuck yeah! Thanks, dude.

    Mugen: Our writings are very much alive. I see them like they're my bastards. I feel both proud and ashamed of them at times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to know you're enjoying this generation of blogging/bloggers.

    it is the same freedom alot of us are getting that's why we are writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. This is very familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gillboard: Yeah, blogging now feels strangely more communal. Which I think came a lot from other social networking sites.

    Pointless paranoia: I think it happens to a lot of us--this kind of blog hiatus and comeback.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ako naman ang malapit ng mag blog hiatus. wahahahha

    ReplyDelete
  8. so this one's a new boat, but not the first.

    as cliche as it may sound, once a blogger, always a blogger. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mots: don't take a break! I like your artworks and writing. A lot. :)

    Alter: Amen. Bloggers are forever.

    ReplyDelete