Saturday, November 5, 2011

Steve




It has been a month since he died. And this might sound exaggerated, but I still mourn for him.

Yeah, you might call me an Apple fanboy. Since 2006, I've already owned an iBook, 2 Macbook Pros, at least 6 iPod models,  2 Airport Expresses, 3 iPhones, 2 iPads, and an AppleTV. The first thing I read in the morning on my RSS feeds are Mac news. I get giddy like a kid when new products are announced in WWDC and other Apple events. And through the years when I was listening to Jobs delivering his legendary keynote presentations, I've been one of those under the spell of Steve's distortion field--watching him speak always felt like a religious experience.

We're not even related; I didn't know shit about his life (though I already purchased Walter Isaacson's biography Steve Jobs and I'm excited to know him more), but I still saw him as an artist, a visionary, an idol. He made gadgets look beautiful, he made technology look accessible yet still feel futuristic, and he made me believe that the crazy ones are indeed the ones who make a difference.

Thank you and we all miss you, Steve.




Image source:
http://www.2dayblog.com/images/2010/december/550x-steve-jobs-blackwhite.jpg

5 comments:

  1. Even someone who owns more of Apple's biggest rival's products would praise Jobs for the job he has excellently done. (OM, am I referring to myself? haha) Personally, more than anything, his tale of being this college dropout to becoming one of modern technology's innovators is what makes me admire him more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hubby and i are fans too and still feel bad about his passing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this blogpost where this girl was calling Steve the Edison of our time. Looking around, I see she was right. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I remember too, the first time I held an Ipad was at a friend's condo. He bought the gadget when only very few owned it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charles: even my mom who's totally a stranger to technological trends know about Steve Jobs. Strange how his death impacted everyone.

    Sean: :(

    Citybuoy: I totally agree with her.

    Mugen: We all remember our first Apple gadget moments...

    ReplyDelete